Oops - wasRe: [PLUG] Web/Webmin/GUI front end for either Amanda or Dirvish

Mark Allyn allyn at well.com
Fri Feb 20 14:30:02 UTC 2004

Thanks and Oops:

Thanks to all of those who have responded to my question.

I think I mis-asked the question.

I do plan to have a cron script do the daily/weekly backups
themselves. That's not the issue.

The issue for me is to have it easy as possible for them to do
a file recovery.

Here is the scenario that I envision. A manager comes crying on
the shoulder of the secretary (who is the sysadmin) and needs a
file restored that was accidentaly erased. The sysadmin/secretary
is not a linux/unix savvy person. They want/need a gui/web based front
end to enable them to do the restore as painlessly as possible.

What I am looking for is more of a web/gui front end to do file
restores and unplanned backups (the manager wants the grant proposal
that he/she slaved over during the past several hours to be backed
up right away before it's erased by mistake).

Thank you

Mark Allyn