[PLUG] A little book on Perl...

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Fri Feb 20 15:26:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 14:49, Darkhorse wrote:

> There are CS courses many people can't get through at all, book or no
> book.  One of these is Karla Fant's 202 course.

Many many people have passed Karla's CS 202 course.  I think a single
case of somebody not being able to pass the course when most people *do*
pass the course is more of an indicator of that single person than of
the course itself.

In my experience, Karla has been more than fair in her grading.

> As far as insulting a
> person on how long they've been in college, at least when I graduate I'm
> more likely to be current than someone who finished say three years
> ago.

I'm sorry if you felt I was insulting how long you've been in college.
I'm really the last one to speak ... I started schooling at PSU in the
fall of 2000 and am just now a Junior.  :-)

Your time in college has surely shown you, however, that you don't need
a book on the first day of class (which was, actually, what I was trying
to say).

>   At least I have the guts to pursue something after multiple cases
> of harassment and disappointment unlike a person who holds that college
> is either 4 years or bust.  In the long run, the time factor isn't going
> to be an issue.  Heck, there may even be an economy when I get out.

Most people take five years to complete a four year degree these days...
especially a technical degree.

<snip rant about political and religious demographics in Oregon versus
Montana and book woes>

We're far enough off topic now, I think.  I'm through with the thread...
if you wish to address anything else I've said in this email, I would
encourage you to email me off list.  I haven't blocked you yet.

Rob