[PLUG] LVM in Linux 2.6.3

Evan Heidtmann clydefrog at adnap.no-ip.com
Fri Feb 20 22:51:01 UTC 2004

On the recommendation of a friend, I am trying to update my desktop
machine to the brand-new 2.6.3 kernel. However, I am having some
troubles with LVM. All of my partitions, except for /, are in one big
volume group.

The 2.6 menuconfig includes an option for "device mapper support." The
help for this option says that higher level volume manager such as LVM2
use that driver.

Gentoo provides an ebuild called 'lvm2', but I don't have it installed.
How can I tell if I use lvm 1 or 2, and how can I get support for
whatever I have in the 2.6 kernel?

Thanks,
Evan