[PLUG] Anybody successful with Actiontec R1524SU "DSL Gateway" and Qwest

Eric House fixin at peak.org
Sun Feb 22 23:45:02 UTC 2004

I'm still not happy with the service, but have learned at least one
thing that's helped: there's a firmware upgrade available for the
Actiontec modem that fixes its tendency to require powercycling
whenever a new dhcp client asks for an IP address.  The thing came
with version 1.60.10.0.69, and the Qwest folks had me upgrade to
1.60.10.0.71 on hearing my symptoms.

I'm still hoping to get this working as well as cable did, but it may
not matter.  My kids are definitely noticing the speed drop.  And
they're not gamers either.  They're into watching C-span's broadcasts
of Senate committee meetings and other stuff that, I figured, would be
dull enough at 9K....

--Eric