[PLUG] Anybody successful with Actiontec R1524SU "DSL Gateway" and Qwest?

Eric House fixin at peak.org
Mon Feb 23 16:00:02 UTC 2004

> Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:36:00 -0800
> To: plug at lists.pdxlinux.org
> Subject: Re: [PLUG] Anybody successful with Actiontec R1524SU "DSL Gateway" and Qwest?
> From: srau at rauhaus.org (Stafford A. Rau)
>
> * Eric House <fixin at peak.org> [040222 06:35]:
> > I got hooked up with Qwest DSL on Friday (in Corvallis), and am having
> > a miserable time with the modem.  If anybody else has had better luck
> > I'd love to hear about it, if only to ease my suspicion that I'm
> > wasting my time.
>
> I got an Actiontec to replace a 678 that died on me a year or so ago.
> I have it set up as just a simple bridge, so there is no firewalling or
> even layer 3 ip information, other than the administrative interface,
> configured in it. My ISP-provided ip address resides on the public
> interface of my firewall.

It sounds as if you have a static IP?  If not, do you just run
dhcpcd/pump on your router's public interface to get the address?
This is certainly what I'd need to do (short of getting a static IP,
which I'm hoping to avoid paying for), but I haven't been able to get
the modem (in bridge mode) to pass the dhcp requests through.

Thanks,

--Eric