[PLUG] Octave-2.1.55 for Slackware-9.1

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 23 17:15:03 UTC 2004

  I just built and installed octave-2.1.55 and have a Slackware-9.1 package
available. It's 41.4M in size (gack!).

  "GNU Octave is a high-level language, primarily intended for numerical
computations. It provides a convenient command line interface for solving
linear and nonlinear problems numerically, and for performing other
numerical experiments using a language that is mostly compatible with
Matlab. It may also be used as a batch-oriented language.

  "Octave has extensive tools for solving common numerical linear algebra
problems, finding the roots of nonlinear equations, integrating ordinary
functions, manipulating polynomials, and integrating ordinary differential
and differential-algebraic equations. It is easily extensible and
customizable via user-defined functions written in Octave's own language, or
using dynamically loaded modules written in C++, C, Fortran, or other
languages."

  If you want the package let me know off the list and I'll see if I can put
it -- temporarily -- on my ftp server at aracnet.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>