[PLUG] Re: linux web server setup

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 25 13:08:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Elliott Mitchell wrote:

> proftpd might all the control you want, but it reintroduces the orignal
> problem in a bigger way. proftpd has a rather bad track record with
> respect to security holes. Though not even close to IE, I've seen too many
> alerts with proftpd.

  Something to consider is ncFTPd. The server software is not free ($99 for
up to 50 simultaneous users), but he has the finest ftp client I've seen
(I've used it for years). Support your open source developer!

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>