[PLUG] E-mail etiquette: why MS users don't have it

J Black plug201 at jblack.org
Thu Feb 26 09:27:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 21:02, Aaron Burt wrote:

> Another reason:  "Message Preview" view, which lists messages with a
> snippet of the beginning of the message below the subject.  I've had
> Outbreak users complain to me that my reponses had their quoted text
> in the Preview instead of my response, because it's at the top.

Aaron has hit the nail on the head here.  I've seen people working with
message preview mode; you've got to state your business in the first
line of your message or your message doesn't get read.

Also, top posting is far easier to work with if you have a preview pane
open.  I use Evolution with the preview pane.  I click on a message in
the message list; the message appears in the preview pane.  The writer
of the message has 2-3 seconds to interest me in the reading the
message, so they better get to the point in the first few lines.  If
it's not interesting, one click on down arrow key and it's on to the
appear in the preview pane, their message doesn't stand a chance.

- Jesse