[PLUG] Mail to two IMAP servers

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 27 07:49:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Matt Alexander wrote:

> They'd like mail to be delivered to both servers for the time being so
> users can get used to checking email on the Linux server, but still feel
> confident that their mail is working.

Matt,

  I'm not a SysAdmin so I probably don't understand the problem. Why should
the users even know on what machine or OS the mail server is running? If
it's a matter of becoming used to a new MUA, then that's separate from the
MTA behind it. If they are using winduhs MUA offering, cannot that get mail
from the linux box directly?

Puzzled,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)