[PLUG] Mail to two IMAP servers

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 27 08:22:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Matt Alexander wrote:

> In Outlook the users will have two IMAP servers configured.  One for the
> NT server and one for the Linux server.  The owner of the company wants
> mail delivered to both servers so users will see the same messages in each
> IMAP setup.  This is just a temporary configuration so the owner and the
> users can feel confident that the Linux IMAP server is functioning exactly
> like the NT IMAP server.  We'll then let it run like this for a couple
> weeks and then delete the Outlook configuration for the NT IMAP server and
> use only the Linux IMAP server.

Matt,

  Oh. Wow. I would think that a few test messages sent to the owner and
employees via the linux server would demonstrate that the back end makes no
difference. But, I guess you're dealing with other issues there and this is
only a manifestation of them.

  Looks like the kind of non-rational attitudes with which I have to deal
when I step through the looking glass into RegulatoryLand.

Good luck!

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>