[PLUG] smbldap-tools.

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Fri Feb 27 18:41:02 UTC 2004

So... I'm setting up this Samba+LDAP thing.

I'm looking at these smbldap-tools for creating users and machine accounts
and stuff.  I installed 'em and configured 'em, but they don't seem to be
doing what I'd like them to be doing.

They're creating LDAP entries under People, which seems right... but
they're ALSO creating entries in unix accounts for those people.  Is that
how it should be?  It seems like a mess.  Do I need unix users for each of
the Samba users?  Can't Samba just check LDAP for permissions and stuff
instead of using filesystem permissions?

Confused,
Jeme.
--
     Jeme A Brelin