[PLUG] Loadable Kernel Modules

Kyle Accardi sandbox at pacifier.com
Fri Jan 2 00:04:01 UTC 2004

Russell Evans wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 21:46:35 -0800
> "Kyle Accardi" <sandbox at pacifier.com> wrote:

>>Kinda surprised the installer failed in this regard.  I used SuSE
>>years ago and it was brilliant at this stuff, plan on using it again
>>soon, too.
>

> The installer didn't fail as he's not using the install. He is booting
> from the CD and then using the booted CD  kernel with the installed
> system on the hard drive. As the modules aren't available after the hard
> drive systems comes up, he can't insert modules into the kernel.

ok, I've been reading things wrongly a lot lately, dunno if I'm being dense
or if precise writing is elusive.

Why aren't the modules available after the hard drive systems come up?
Different kernel versions?

And I'll just shift my previous statement to express surprise that the
installer failed in regard to hosing the boot loader.  Yeah, that's what I
meant.

--
Kyle Accardi