[PLUG] Playing with imap server and fetchmail...

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Sat Jan 3 09:41:02 UTC 2004

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, AthlonRob wrote:

> AFAICT, imap2000 doesn't seem to really be the most popular nor the
> best IMAP server to be running.  It seems difficult to find decent
> IMAP servers these days.  I've pretty much settled on BincIMAP.
> It's young, but seems to be doing good for me... it's quick.  You'd
> have to convert from mbox to maildir to use it, though.

I've been using dovecot for the past couple weeks. It can work with
Maildir or mbox, does SSL quite easily and can enforce some crypto
discipline, handles both pop and imap, supports SASL or passwd
authentication, etc.

I'll have to say, however, that I had good luck with uw-imap and have
nothing bad to say about it at all. The main reason I moved to dovecot
was for Maildir support.

-- Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>