[PLUG] Playing with imap server and fetchmail...

none 1663eesa at robinson-west.com
Sat Jan 3 14:47:01 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 13:50, AthlonRob wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 13:27, none wrote:
>
> > When will there be a nationally recognized bachelor's
> > degree for system administration?  I guess it would
> > be called bachelors of infrastructure technology,
> > or whatever IT stands for.
>
> A good sysadmin doesn't need a degree.  Good sysadmins
> learn from
> experience, not so much textbooks.

Experience with whom I might ask?  If strong
theoretical knowledge and skill isn't required
to start earning money as a sysadmin, then who
trains people to get them in to the field
of paid administrators?

I want a degree anyways from the standpoint of
having something that says educated. If degree
falls short of that, I want one because
they say got through an accredited academic
program.  The trouble with computer science
is how uneducated you can come off
even with the BS.  It's certainly reasonable
to ask, "why go to the trouble."  A lit
or business degree would in all probability
be easier to get where medicine is a more
stable field.