[PLUG] adding user accounts in bulk

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Mon Jan 5 18:03:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Carla Schroder wrote:

Carla,

I fell out of this discussion for a while so not sure if it is still as
the subject line implies.  If so, how about the "newusers" command?  It
accepts a file of usernames and cleartext-passwords and creates or updates
the accounts.

Not sure if this is a stock command/program.  I use Linuxconf and it has a
accountbatch module which might use and provide this command so your
distribution may not have it.

Rod