[PLUG] Flaky compiler?

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 15:06:02 UTC 2004

--- Russell Evans <russell-evans at qwest.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:20:15 -0800 (PST)
> "Robert Kopp" <iconoklastic at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > I suppose it might be necessary to list out the
> files
> > in question and find out why the "parse errors"
> are no
> > longer allowed. It looks as if this could really
> be
> > sticky.
>
> Do you have glibc-devel-2.3.2-87 installed?

Yes. This reply does not preserve the context of the
original message, indicating that I'm having trouble
compiling pca.c, a factor-analysis program on SuSE 9.0
using gcc-3.3.1-24. Since then, I've compiled it
without error using Visual C++ (remember my posting
yesterday about dual booting?), and then downloaded
and installed Intel's C++ compiler, obtaining a.out
with that also. I think I'll put icc into my path; but
I could still use some insight into the original
problem.

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/

"Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies."--Frederick Nietzsche