[PLUG] Vexira for Linux, yeah or neah.

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Wed Jan 7 12:34:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 12:25, none wrote:
> There's a product that comes up on google searching for anti virus
> postfic plug in called Vexira.  Has anyone download the trial from
> centralcommand.com?  Is the filter snake oil or worse?  Hoe does
> amavis compare to it?  Is it worth the $199 price tag for the full
> version?  Does trend micro put out a Linux product?

If it's being sold as an AV solution for Linux as they sell AV software
for Windows... it's snake oil.

If it's being sold as an all-in-one mail scanning solution, you have to
ask why you'd want to pay $200 for something that is available for free
already.  (Free as in AMaViS/ClamAV or AMaViS/F-Prot if non-commercial)

IIRC, Trend Micro does sell a Linux product, but when last I talked to
their head of training, the company was re-focusing... only looking for
100+ license deals, not looking for small-time contracts.  He was in
Oregon about a year ago, FWIW.

Rob