[PLUG] Re: [PLUG-ANNOUNCE] UNANNOUNCEMENT: January PLUG Meeting Cancelled due to BAD Weather

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jan 8 12:54:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Adam L. Klein wrote:

> I doubt I'm the first person to comment, but your mail was dated December
> 28th of last year.

  The icy conditions slowed the clock on his computer. Then, to make things
worse, it took that long for the bits to make it up the Willamette Valley
because I-5 is in such bad shape.

>  I hope you haven't been terribly inconvenienced by the weather.  I'm
> originally from upstate NY, so I'm not too inconvenienced by it (though
> being unemployed contributes to the lack of difficulty in dealing with
> it).

  This type of winter is typical of the Intermountain West (Idaho, Montana,
Wyoming). My only issue is that most drivers haven't a clue how to drive
safely on snow and ice.

  I'm on the opposite end of the employment spectrum from you: I work from
my home so I have no excuse to not be working these days. Of course, none of
my clients are at work, but I'm spending my time writing my book.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>