[PLUG] checking kernel config

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Jan 8 14:15:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 17:31, Zot O'Connor wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 16:39, Carla Schroder wrote:
> >  time for today's Tricky Question:
> >  how do you check for specific features supported in the kernel?
>
> A lot of times the module or thingy will create an entry in /proc.
>
> For instance, wondering if scsi got compiled in?  Look for /proc/scsi
>
> Not that this always works....

In 2.6 there will actually be a /proc/config that will list all of the
compile options for the current running kernel.  Not certain how it
handles kernel options that are compiled in separately though.

I am going to be moving to the 2.6 kernel soon.  Just a couple of things
to upgrade before that.

--
"Push that big, big granite sphere way up there from way down here!
Gasp and sweat and pant and wheeze! Uh-oh! Feel momentum cease!