[PLUG] silly mouse issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jan 8 14:53:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Sasha Romanosky wrote:

> I'm running mandrake 9.0 and recently I needed to swap the mouse. I
> swapped one ps2 mouse (logitech cordless optical) for another (MS wheel
> mouse). I was hoping this wouldn't disable the mouse, but it did.

  Quite often a reboot is required. If you're into conspiracies, consider
that you are trying to use a Microsoft mouse and it may be designed to not
work on linux. It's a really good thing you don't have a SCO mouse! (There
are a number of SCO rats, but that's for a different thread.)

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>