[PLUG] AeA Awards Rep. Minnis

david pool dpool at hevanet.com
Sun Jan 11 09:10:03 UTC 2004

AthlonRob wrote:
> I would, honestly, be somewhat surprised if
> this bill split down the party lines... it doesn't seem to be something
> any one party would be more likely to love or hate than another would
> be.

True enough. In Texas it was being pushed by republicans. In Oregon the
Republican committee chair was for HB 2892 until he was leaned on be
Karen Minnis.

I had the chance to talk to Rep. Kitts (R), who was elected as a staunch
conservative, when I asked him if he'd support a bill that made the
government consider software that was free, he only glared at me because
he's a fiscal conservative who seemed to feel sold out by his party's
leadership.

Much as I'm tempted to try to help paint the whole Republican party with
this, it really seemed to rest on Karen Minnis' shoulders. Karen's up
for re-election in the fall...and as close as troutdale.

:-D