[PLUG] Linux-friendly brokerage firm?

Russell Evans russell-evans at qwest.net
Tue Jan 13 23:18:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:54:50 -0800 (PST)
"Steve Bonds" <1s7k8uhcd001 at sneakemail.com> wrote:

> Somewhat surprisingly for such a large company, but I've found Wells
> Fargo's websites to be surprisingly compatible.  So long as you meet
> their functionality requirement (i.e. 128 bit SSL) they seem to work
> with any browser.  Even some of their legalese documents discussing
> web access include the terms "Internet Explorer, Netscape, or
> equivalent".  They could have left off that "or equivalent", but
> didn't.
>
> I've used their site with a while slew of browsers and never had
> problems with MSIE-optimizations hosing me up.  (Konqueror, MSIE,
> Netscape, Mozilla, even IBM's crappy Web Explorer on OS/2 worked...)

I have seen one of the letters that was sent out by Wells Fargo stating
your name, accounts, credit cards, and SSN were stolen.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2003/12/21/BUGE73RAKL1.DTL
"Why was such critical customer information given to an independent
contractor?

"I can't discuss that," Greenwood replied.

What changes are in the works for how Wells handles such matters?

"I'm not prepared to talk about that right now." "

Thank you
Russell