[PLUG] AeA Awards Rep. Minnis

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Wed Jan 14 08:26:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 15:02, AthlonRob wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 09:32, Brian Beattie wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 02:10, AthlonRob wrote:
>
> > > FWIW, I think the gov't shouldn't spend a dime more than it reasonably
> > > needs to...  Schools are a big one; the amount of waste in
> > > schools is quite something.
> >
> > You can of course itemize ALL of this waste and will publish it, right?
>
> I'd set a followup to plug-talk, but we have reply-to munging enabled
> here, so I guess it will stay here.
>
> I don't think it is terribly unreasonable to be able to claim a facet of
> the government wastes money without providing a detailed itemized
> listing of every place there is waste.  Do you?
Since the topic is not appropriate here I will just say that I disagree
that you have shown any significant waste.  I do think it unreasonable
to claim that falling short of perfection is major failing in any
organization.  So I was just holding you to the same standard you see to
be holding the schools to.

--
Brian Beattie            | Experienced kernel hacker/embedded systems
beattie at beattie-home.net | programmer, direct or contract, short or

"Honor isn't about making the right choices.
It's about dealing with the consequences." -- Midori Koto