[PLUG] SQL-Ledger or ARIA

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Jan 14 18:06:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> Anybody used these packages?  I'm just looking for a local testimonial.
>
> Do any of you folks deal with Free business management software at all?  I
> basically need inventory, invoicing, and contacts.  I'm leaning toward
> SQL-Ledger after a couple days' reading.
>
> Just sort of taking a poll.

Count another for SQL-Ledger.  I used to use it regularly (before becoming
non-self employed) and will be trying to get it accepted by my current
employer.  Some of the better features IMO are it uses PosrgreSQL, perl,
and TeX (for some very nice looking invoices etc. in Postscript and pdf
format) and the fact you can build an invoice on a customers site (ifthey
have Internet access), print it, and hand it to them.

A few times I posted questions to the mailing list and because I paid
for support Dieter would often reply before I even saw the message make it
though the list software.  That's support!
   And the list is darn good also.  Several people with accounting
experience to answer questions.

Best,
Rod