[PLUG] PLUG Lending Library WAS: Newsletter from O'Reilly UG Program

Paul Mullen pem at nellump.net
Thu Jan 15 20:43:02 UTC 2004

---8<-----
> ***Review books are available
> Copies of our books are available for your members to review--
> send me an email and please include the book ISBN number on
> your request. Let me know if you need your book by a certain date.

Why doesn't PLUG start a computer books lending library for our
"members"? This shouldn't be too difficult to implement. I don't even
think it's an original idea.

Those of us that enjoy writing could select an O'Reilly book to review
on occasion. The reviewer's reward for his/her effort would be the use
of the book for a month (or six weeks, or whatever). Other members
interested in the book could sign onto a web-based waiting list. If
there are any members waiting for a particular book, a reasonable time
limit could be placed on a book's loan period. Said web app would also
be used to keep track of who's got what at the moment. There shouldn't
even be a need for any one person to store the books.

Yeah, I know... Just build and they will come. But before I bother to
build anything, I'm curious if there's any interest (especially from
potential reviewers).

BTW, who's in charge of the PLUG web site these days?

Paul