[PLUG] Mailbox Size Monitoring

list-groups groups at nwtechops.com
Thu Jan 15 22:16:01 UTC 2004

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

>D> I wish to warn my users when their mbox is nearly full. I found the
>D> script below to be almost what I am looking for.
>
>Sending email to a user to warn that their mailbox is nearly full is a
>bit like the bank charging my account an overdraft fee when I run out
>of money to cover my checks.
>
>:-)

RS has a valid point Coop...  But the script looks like it sends the
first warning at 50% and the next and final warning at 85% so it, IMHO,
does have merit. It's more like the Bank sending you a notice that your
account is getting low BEFORE they hit you with fee's - like that's
going to happen. It also looks to be an interesting re-work but it would
take a lot of time for me considering I know very little about postfix.
If you have no other takers Cooper I'll be happy to take the time but
I'll need to work with you on the format of things like
/etc/postscript/accountability and such.