[PLUG] NTP oddity

Kyle Hayes kyle at silverbeach.net
Fri Jan 16 11:43:02 UTC 2004

On Friday 16 January 2004 10:33, Galen Seitz wrote:
> Kyle Hayes <kyle at silverbeach.net> wrote:
> > [ntpdate update change]
>
> That's very odd.  Have you updated your kernel recently?  Are running
> some unusual drivers?  Is your system ahead or behind the time given
> by ntpdate?

Hmm, I had a kernel upgrade after the change.  This is SuSE 9.0 and they
upgraded the kernel when the sbrk problem was figured out.

The system is behind.  Previously it used to be ahead (-30ms each night).

I don't have any odd drivers, haven't installed any etc.  I'm running the
stock SuSE 9 kernel without anything special.

It is confusing.  I've never seen a sudden change like this.

Best,
Kyle