[PLUG] PLUG vs. PLUG

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Sat Jan 17 20:15:03 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 19:27, Russell Evans wrote:

> I'm having trouble understanding what the issue is, so help me out. Is
> it the name PDXLUG that is the issue?  Is PDXLUG not different enough
> from PLUG? Is it the domains, pdxlinux.org and pdxlug.org are to close?
> What "name" is it that that the people posting want changed?

The actual names, if you expand the acronyms, are:
PDXLUG - Portland Linux Users Group
PLUG - Portland Linux/UNIX Group, although we were "officially" the
Portland Linux Users Group until some time in the late 1990's, when
(IIRC) I requested we change the name to make it clear that discussion
about other UNIX systems was welcome.  Since "LUG" generally is used to
indicate Linux User Groups, most people assumed that PLUG stood for
Portland Linux Users Group, so we've also by default had that as an
alias.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * * *  Linux Services for Small Businesses  * * * * * *
* Naked Ape Consulting                  http://nakedape.cc  *
* Naked Ape Business Server       http://nakedape.cc/r/smb  *
*       Easy, reliable solutions for small businesses       *