[PLUG] PLUG vs. PLUG

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Jan 17 22:11:02 UTC 2004

J> Thanks for clarifying (or declarifying) that, Wil!  I thought we
J> _were_ the Portland Linux Users Group!

We were and are known as the Portland Linux Users[1] Group, we are
just _also_ known as the Portland Linux/Unix Group.  According to what
those at the meeting where this was discussed[2] have told me, the
Linux/Unix name was _added_.  It was agreed that both names would
continue to be acceptable.  Some considerable time later, usage on the
website and materials began emphasizing the "Linux/Unix" name, but
that emphasis does not represent "abandonment" of the "Linux Users"
name, which is still being used by you (Jesse) and many others.

[1] "User" and "Users" are both in use.

[2]  circa September 1998

seniorr at aracnet.com