[PLUG] MySQL -> PostgreSQL migration

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Sun Jan 18 18:29:02 UTC 2004

Can someone point me to a primer that might tell me how to move an
application from MySQL to Postgres?

I am no DBA, but I don't think my application uses anything too fancy.

Looking at some sample applications that work with both RDBMSs, I see
there are quite a few differences in the schema dumps.  The same tables
with the same fields in both, but differences in the way the things are
created... sequences versus autoincrement and so on.

Anyway, I'm hoping to convert a fairly major application for the benefit
of all, so any help y'all could give me would help everyone.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net