[PLUG] PLUG vs. PLUG

Cliff Wells cwells at commandprompt.com
Mon Jan 19 10:03:02 UTC 2004

Robby Russell wrote:

> Dan Haskell wrote:
>

>>> Let's let the topic drop.
>>

>> We can let it drop for now, but it will keep coming back until they wake
>> up and "do the right thing".

Perhaps PLUG should "do the right thing" and change their name so as not
to cause confusion with the Provo Linux User Group (http://www.plug.org)
or any other number of P* Linux Users Groups that exist around the world
(there are a *lot*).

Just out of curiosity, what would you suggest a Portland Linux user's
group call itself?  If originality is the key, then I doubt there's a
LUG in the world that deserves its name.  www.pdxlug.org makes it very
clear that there is another LUG in Portland.   Unfortunately what it
doesn't make clear is that PLUG apparently has more than its fair share
of immature and unreasonable children who make loud noises when they
don't get their way.  Please feel free to shout "we were here first!"
and throw rocks as long as you like, but as an adult, I can assure that
the world doesn't work that way.

Best regards,
Cliff