[PLUG] PLUG vs. PLUG

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Mon Jan 19 13:37:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 16:26, Cliff Wells wrote:
> Brian Beattie wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 16:06, Cliff Wells wrote:
> >
> >>No, because I can't stand to hear grown men whine about trivialities.
> >>

> >pot, kettle, black
> >

> Sorry, you must have not read the entire thread or have a surprisingly
> short attention span.   Perhaps during a commercial you can go back and
> review the previously presented materials.  My only complaint is about
> certain individuals who continue to complain and slander PDXLUG over
> something that is of questionable value.

I have seen nothing I would consider slander, a difference of opinion
maybe.  the people who started PDXLUG clearly wanted to take over PLUG,
when they could not they started there own group and tried to usurp the
position of PLUG.  That is what I saw, I am not an espesially active
member of PLUG and I have no vested interest in PLUG, I just think it is
very sad that the PDXLUG folks had to disrupt the Linux community over
such trivial matters, it really does the community a great disservice.
But that is water over the dam.