[PLUG] PLUG vs. PLUG

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon Jan 19 14:09:17 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Dylan" == Dylan Reinhardt <plug at dylanreinhardt.com> writes:

Dylan> Furthermore, the fact that PLUG has taken
Dylan> no action to enforce its "right" seriously undermines any case
Dylan> PLUG may think it has.  It's way too late now.

I don't think so.  Registration is "nice" but not necessary for common
law trademark cases.  PDXLUG's use of "Portland Linux User Group" has
been challenged from just about day one.  That PDXLUG has flatly
rejected gentle pleas to "Do the Right Thing" reflects on their good
faith (or lack thereof).

seniorr at aracnet.com