[PLUG] Xcdroast mystery...

none 1663eesa at robinson-west.com
Mon Jan 19 14:37:01 UTC 2004

I have a cd written on an XP system that I can't read under
X-Cdroast, but it does read under Linux.  I popped in
another burned CD, read and copied it just fine.  Under
98SE, my adpatec easy cd creator works fine with the
offending cd.  I get an error under XCdroast with this
disc that no cd is loaded.  I have an old mitsumi dvd
drive that I'm trying to copy it from, at least I think
it's a mitsumi unit.  Thinking scratched disc, I slipped
in a copy made under Windows to no avail

Must be a formatting secret.  I would expect XCDroast to
be able to read the disc raw though.  I can copy the disc
contents to a Linux partition and go that route, but I'm
still curious what the different is with this disc that
it won't register in XCDroast.