[PLUG] PLUG vs. PLUG

Robby Russell robby at planetargon.com
Mon Jan 19 15:03:02 UTC 2004

Dan Haskell wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Robby Russell wrote:
>

>>Did you piss off the keyholder of the mailing list? Perhaps you were
>>discussing off-topic posts in a linux forum?
>

> Since when are administrative issues considered off topic?

Since when does a LUG require administrative job duties? You seriously
take this LUG stuff way too seriously.

PDXLUG was started with the goal of being less formal and more specific
to linux stuff... and the domain name is privately owned and if the
owner of said domain so chooses to banish people from utilizing their
resources, than so be it. I don't agree with it completely, but I will
not take their freedom away to do just that...nor will I take away your
attempt to post something linux related on a linux forum. (if it is
blocked in some way, perhaps one must look back at prior posting to
figure out why that is the case) However, i am not the one to speak to
about that...as I am not 'that' key holder.

Perhaps that is where PDXLUG and PLUG differ..(amongst other areas)

once again, I only tried to offer a resource to your group members and
this is how you return the offer... so in the future, I will remember to
keep our resources to my/ourselves...as it apparently is not wanted in
your open group..at least by a few of you because of a naming dispute?

-Robby