[PLUG] PLUG vs. PLUG

Robby Russell robby at planetargon.com
Mon Jan 19 15:07:18 UTC 2004

Russell Senior wrote:

> Russell> If PDXLUG wanted "to avoid this retarded argument", it should
> Russell> have chosen a distinct name to begin with, to, er, avoid this
> Russell> retarded argument.
>
> Cliff> They did: PDXLUG.  My mind boggles that you cannot see the
> Cliff> distinction.  It has 50% more letters for godsake.
>
> Why do you feel the need to keep shifting the argument.  It _isn't_
> about PDXLUG (at least not directly).  The argument is about "Portland
> Linux User Group", to which a stealth prefix "a" has been selectively
> added recently.

This is how society works... if something isn't working for everyone,
than people make attempts to help bridge the gap.

I thought the addition of 'a' was appropiate as part of our description,
as to clearly let it be known that we are one of many...however I've
already stated this and this seems redundant now...however redudant
posts require redudant responses.