[PLUG] PLUG vs. PLUG

Cliff Wells cwells at commandprompt.com
Mon Jan 19 16:35:02 UTC 2004

Brian Beattie wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 18:51, Robby Russell wrote:
>

>>Cliff Wells wrote:
>>

>>>Hm.  That's debatable as well, since I have not referred to anyone else
>>>as a Nazi:
>>>
>>>Godwin's Law: "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a
>>>comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
>>>
>>>As I said, I haven't *compared* anyone as such, and further, as has
>>>since been clarified, my recall of history was a bit flawed and we've
>>>actually only hit the Mussolini stage ;-)
>>>
>>>Cliff
>>>

>>good cop. bad cop.
>>

>Well both of you have engaged in personal attacks, I take that to mean
>that you have nothing more intelligent to say and are reduced to
>personal attack.  This kind of limits further discussion.

Look, I'm certain that you're a really great guy when your clubhouse
world isn't being shaken by outsiders.  Nevertheless, I've found your
obtuseness the real limiting factor in this discussion.   Had you
impressed me at all with any sort of intelligent retort at any point in
this discussion I would have happily granted you an immediate share of
respect.   Even gracefully dropping it would have gotten a fair amount
of respect from me as I'm actually fairly easy in this regard.   Oh,
well...  Maybe next time.

Cliff