[PLUG] PLUG vs. PLUG

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Mon Jan 19 17:02:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Cliff Wells wrote:
> Russell Senior wrote:
> >Maybe I am woefully naive, but I've always seen PLUG as a group that
> >is intended to benefit the whole community, so I guess maybe that's
> >another difference between the two.
>
> It's funny, because each group sees themselves that way and sees the
> other group as a bunch of [insert various *libelous* term].  Of course,
> I'm certain that isn't entirely the case for either group.

I think it's entirely the case that PLUG is intended to benefit the whole
community and that PDXLUG has chosen a path that allows selection of
benefit which PLUG has rejected.  I don't see how you can deny those
facts.

> Perhaps if PLUG weren't trying so desperately to distance themselves
> from PDXLUG there wouldn't be this rift.

I think it's important to distance one's self from organizations with
which one is ideologically at odds.

> The fact that Robby offered to loan books to people in PLUG and this
> thread is the response should say a lot about your group.

OUR group, Cliff.  You're here, too.  You can't distance yourself from
PLUG and be a member at the same time.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin