[PLUG] vi mail processing

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Mon Jan 19 17:42:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Stafford A. Rau wrote:
> I also get a lot of use out of ':%! whatever', which means filter the
> entire buffer through 'whatever', with whatever being a shell command or
> even pipeline.

OK, I was looking for that one.  It'd been mentioned before and I've
needed it MANY times and not recalled the key sequence.

However, didn't somebody have a more complex reply-quoting scheme that
involved piping the mail through some external utility?

I recall reading about something, but I don't recall when.

It's surely in Russell's mail archive, but that's not online and
searchable yet... and I don't think I'd have enough information to make a
time-efficient search.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin