[PLUG] PLUG vs. PLUG

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Mon Jan 19 19:59:20 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 22:45, Cliff Wells wrote:
> Dan Haskell wrote:

> >>That would be a very acceptable solution to us. Go for it!
> >>

> >Robby? Matt? How about it?
> >
> >I am not joking here. We could live with that.
> >

> Frankly I'm a little surprised here.   Taken aback, even.   Who is
> "we"?   How do you speak for "we"?   How can you say that this is
> acceptable so quickly, without hearing from anyone else concerned?   I
> would like one question answered:  is PLUG not for profit (or not)?
> I know that at least one prominent member uses it as a tool to promote
> his business, but is this the standard, accepted situation?   If so,
> then I would certainly agree that this would be a good solution.   If
> most members of PLUG believe it to be non-profit, the someone is going
> to end up with egg on their face should this change take place.

No you are the one with egg on his face, give up, go away.

--
Brian Beattie            | Experienced kernel hacker/embedded systems
beattie at beattie-home.net | programmer, direct or contract, short or

"Honor isn't about making the right choices.
It's about dealing with the consequences." -- Midori Koto