[PLUG] PLUG vs. PLUG

Cliff Wells clifford.wells at comcast.net
Tue Jan 20 00:00:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 23:30, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 02:16:20PM -0800, Cliff Wells wrote:
> > Russell Senior wrote:
> >
> > >That PDXLUG has flatly rejected gentle pleas to "Do the Right Thing"
> > >

> > Heh, more irony.   Thanks, Russell.
>
> Just a tip, Cliff:  When trying to argue your case, kill your opponent
> with kindness.  Honey attracts more flies than shit.

True, and usually that is my preferred tactic when dealing with people I
consider able to appreciate it.  However it became clear early on that
most of the people with a bone to pick over this issue are uninterested
in any compromise or even having a genuine argument and really only want
to vent about people they've had a personal problem with.  That being
the case I didn't feel the need to actually win any such argument, just
give them a taste of their own medicine, so to speak.

Or maybe I just ran out of cigarettes too soon...

Cliff

--
And in her fear, she sought cracked pleasures
                                    -Bauhaus