[PLUG] The virtue of posting while calm

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Jan 20 01:11:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Cliff Wells wrote:
> However, many of the comments have been personal or general attacks on
> the integrity of PDXLUG members, at least some of whom are personal
> friends of mine.

I think this requires some support.  You've been slinging personal insults
all day and I haven't read any insults from the people trying to address
the naming problem.

> I can certainly appreciate that there may have been (and continue to be)
> personal frictions between certain individuals.

Which individuals?  I see you calling people stupid, ignorant, and
cowardly, but I can't see anyone else calling people names or insulting
their integrity.

> What I don't appreciate is having people whom I like and respect
> publicly attacked for no good reason.

Whom do you feel was attacked and how?

> I have certainly fed into this today (intentionally, to be quite frank),
> but the "discussion" and mudslinging started long before my first post.

By all means, show us.  I just reviewed a goodly portion of the thread and
I'm really not seeing any mudslinging except yours (and a few responses to
your baseless name-calling).

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin