[PLUG] The virtue of posting while calm

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Tue Jan 20 10:05:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 12:12, Robby Russell wrote:
> Brian Beattie wrote:

> I apologize that you feel that "/me sends flowers to his friends and
> family."  I was in no way trying to attack you and hope that you can
> accept my apology.

You need not apologize, this has no effect on me.  I just find that when
people engaged in a discussion or argument start personal attacks it
often indicates that they have nothing intelligent to add to the
exchange.  Discussing the intelligence of the parties of an argument
regardless of the accuracy, is a personal attack, since the intelligence
of the arguer has no bearing on the intelligence or quality of the
argument.
--
Brian Beattie            | Experienced kernel hacker/embedded systems
beattie at beattie-home.net | programmer, direct or contract, short or

"Honor isn't about making the right choices.
It's about dealing with the consequences." -- Midori Koto