[PLUG] Conclusion to PDXLUG argument

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Tue Jan 20 15:09:01 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 14:27, Cliff Wells wrote:

> Still I have enough sense to know I can't register and successfully
> defend a name like "Portland Nike Shoe Store" which is what you're
> suggesting PLUG would be able to do with the Linux trademark.   Unless
> Linus says otherwise, user groups are free to use it.   Nevertheless, I
> doubt he's going to give up any rights on the name to further PLUG's cause.

Are you saying, then, that a company could not have a trademark like
"Red Hat Linux" or "Jim Fischer Volvo"?

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * * *  Linux Consulting in Portland, Oregon * * * * * *
* Naked Ape Consulting                  http://nakedape.cc  *
* Naked Ape Business Server       http://nakedape.cc/r/smb  *
*       Easy, reliable solutions for small businesses       *