[PLUG] The virtue of posting while calm (Lurker alert)

list-groups groups at nwtechops.com
Wed Jan 21 05:58:02 UTC 2004

Steve Nelson wrote:

>I lurk on this list, although I have posted from time to time.
>
>I see a degeneration of the list, I am not sure why people insist on
>embarrassing themselves in a public forum.
>
>Can you people not get on topic? Is this not a LUG list? Lose the egos
>and let us get back to Linux topics. I don't care to read about your
>opinions, and I am sure there are others that back me.............
>
>Let's hear about Linux related topics......
>
>Steve

I'm not too sure how long you've been lurking here but if you look at
the archives for the last year you'll see that bloody flame wars like
this dominate PLUG. I'm not going to start a bang-fest on PLUGs culture
(the folks here like it this way and that's fine) but you do have to
realize that the noise level here is very high. If your looking for
technical lists I have a few that are very good at staying on topic,
feel free to contact me off list.

Steve