[PLUG] The virtue of posting while calm

Cliff Wells clifford.wells at comcast.net
Wed Jan 21 07:55:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 05:56, Brian Beattie wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 00:24, Cliff Wells wrote:
> > To clarify, comparisons to Mussolini are considered in bad taste.
> > Presented as the cheerio in a bowl of sarcasm it tastes even worse.  Not
> > that I really minded, but hey, you asked =)
>
> Strictly speaking the comparison between the administration of the group
> and the administration of of Italy,  while a bit extreme, it was not a
> personal attack.

When the administration of the group has been previously attributed to
one person it most certainly is.  That's like saying I'm not insulting
you, only the people responsible for your post.

Again, insults are cheap so feel free to use them (not you,
specifically, but in general).  All I ask is that people not pretend
they haven't already sunk to that level.  I find that cowardly and
deceitful which is a far worse trait than losing your temper or simply
running out of good words ;-)

Right down here with you,
Cliff

--