[PLUG] CUPS

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Jan 21 15:28:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 15:20, Bill Spears wrote:
> I'm attempting to get CUPS working on a update of RH8 by Fedora Core 1.
> Let's call the computers A and Z. A is running RH8 and Z is running
> Fedora. CUPS is installed on A and works.  My first attempt on Z didn't
> work.  In a debugging effort, I attempted to access SWAT on A using a
> browser on Z using the address http://A:631 and received the error:"You
> don't have permission to access the resource on this server."
>
> Does this suggest a solution?

Indeed.  CUPS by default (on RH/Fdr at least) will only accept
connections from localhost.  Edit the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file and
permit access from your local IP network.  (And "swat" is the Samba web
tool; I don't know if CUPS has a name for their web-admin tool.)

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
* Naked Ape Consulting                   http://nakedape.cc  *
* Contract Sys Admin               http://nakedape.cc/r/csa  *