[PLUG] SCSI errors and growing my RAID5 array

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Jan 21 16:25:02 UTC 2004

Two things:

First, trying to format a disk on my SCSI backplane... the disk is
identical to all the others on the plane.  I get the following error when
I attempt to write to the partition table:

Jan 21 16:21:27 loyale kernel: SCSI disk error : host 1 channel 0 id 1 lun
0 return code = 8000002
Jan 21 16:21:27 loyale kernel: Current sd08:10: sense key Aborted Command
Jan 21 16:21:27 loyale kernel: Additional sense indicates Scsi parity error
Jan 21 16:21:27 loyale kernel:  I/O error: dev 08:10, sector 0

Is it a bad disk?  I'm not much on heavy hardware stuff.  Galen?

Second, I realized that I left one of the partitions out of the creation
of my RAID5 array (and I'd like to add this disk to the array when/if it
works, too).  Is that possible without tearing down the array?  It's
reiserfs.

Thanks.
J.
--