[PLUG] The virtue of posting while calm

Robby Russell robby at planetargon.com
Wed Jan 21 16:33:02 UTC 2004

Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Cliff Wells wrote:
>
>>Then I suppose you disagree with the axiom "if a = b and b = c then a =
>>c".  At this point what you agree with or disagree with becomes moot
>>since your ability to reason becomes highly suspect.  Sheesh.  And
>>people here wonder why I question their intelligence.  Two words for
>>you: remedial algebra.  Let me make it clear:
>>
>>Claim 1:  PDXLUG is run by Matt King (a = b)
>>Claim 2:  PDXLUG is run by fascists (b = c)
>>Therefore,  Matt King is a fascist. (a = c)

PDXLUG is not run by Matt. I overthrew him earlier.(..ok not exactly)

We are now (well, actually for the most part already were) an open
group... and the two people who were moderated are no longer moderated.
There are multiple moderators on each of our lists now. (Ken Brush and I
moderate the main one)

We are also working on fixing the naming issue as to give you something
else to complain about...like how you are going to keep people from
joining our group as we plan to steal each of your members slowly by
confusing them with on-topic posts and the lack of a DBA. David, you
still never responded to my inquiry in the threads.

The truth is... PLUG consists of some immature old people..and PDXLUG is
the new young blood in town. Even David Mandel has told me off-list that
he feels that PDXLUG is perfect for newbies as our list stays on topics
and doesn't throw the flame smack down on newbies when they ask if they
should use redhat or mandrake. Newbies, youngsters and energetic
old-farts are welcome.

You can subscribe here:

PDXLUG, the other linux user group in town.
http://www.pdxlug.org/
"pdxlug, the not-for-profit linux user group"

If you're curious as to whether we are the evil group that people like
Jeme like to claim... then come and decide for yourself. Don't let
people like Jeme tell you what is fact and fiction. Intelligent-sounding
propaganda is still propaganda.

PDXLUG was created with the sole intention of having a local alternative
to existing LUGs. We encourage more LUGs as each LUG has it's own way of
helping promote Linux in the community and that is the ultimate goal for
all LUGs, correct? (well and to complain about M$ ;-) )

Come get a free webmail account as well! yourname at pdxlug.org. With
PDXLUG 2.0, the trains will run on time.

Cheers,

Sir Robby