[PLUG] The virtue of posting while calm

list-groups groups at nwtechops.com
Wed Jan 21 20:35:03 UTC 2004

Jeme A Brelin wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Cliff Wells wrote:
>

>>Then I suppose you disagree with the axiom "if a = b and b = c then a =
>>c".  At this point what you agree with or disagree with becomes moot
>>since your ability to reason becomes highly suspect.  Sheesh.  And
>>people here wonder why I question their intelligence.  Two words for
>>you: remedial algebra.  Let me make it clear:
>>
>>Claim 1:  PDXLUG is run by Matt King (a = b)
>>Claim 2:  PDXLUG is run by fascists (b = c)
>>Therefore,  Matt King is a fascist. (a = c)
>>

>You're the only one to call anybody a fascist, just so's you know.
>Mousilini was fascist, certainly, but my comparison was to his
>totalitarianism, not his fascism.  (While it is basically true that all
>fascists are totalitarian, not all totalitarians are fascists.)  That's a
>bit like saying that, since I compared him to Mousilini, I'm implying that
>Matt is bald.
>
>That aside, let's just substitute "totalitarian" for "fascist" in your
>above syllogism and we have a fairly accurate statement.
>
>The question remains, is that an insult?  I don't think so.  It's a
>description of his (apparently) prefered organization style.  That's just
>the english word for that style of management.  It's not an insult.
>
>J.

At the beginning of this garbage thread someone questioned why I choose
to use an alias in public list groups like this one. I think now you all
have that answer but for those that are still seeking clarity, ask
yourself if you really want your email address associated with
individuals that are willing stoop this low for attention.

Oh yeah Jeme, your drive is probably dead. Normally seek to track 0
errors is an indicator of a sticking actuator (hope the drive's still in
warranty)

Steve